Twistin Tinies is our baby class, aimed at parents with children aged 0-18months. We usually run face to face in Allestree and Belper in Derbyshire, but due to Covid-19, are currently running sessions online and this will continue post-Lockdown.
Customers can currently attend a weekly Live class on Zoom on Tuesdays at 1.30pm, but if they cannot attend for a particular week, all classes are recorded and uploaded to our Private Members’ Area on our website, where they can be viewed at any time – allowing other parents who might normally miss out on baby’s development because of work commitments – to join in.
Our baby sessions are themed with themes such as Enchanted Castle, Australia, Space, Jungle, and Ocean Blue (we have many others!) with weekly songs and development and sensory activities that tie into that theme.
In addition, on our Private Members’ Area (which all customers can access), we have additional development activities including:
- a weekly Home Activity where parents can see how to make a cost-effective development toy using things they have at home;
- how to create a themed sensory area
- lots of useful development tips and activities to develop touch, hand-to-eye co-ordination, gross and fine motor skills, communication and language and much more
- weekly baby signing activities that tie into our weekly theme.
Since Lockdown started, we have run 16 weeks of FREE classes over our Facebook page to help parents cop with being at home. These finished on 3 July, but all of our sessions are now running over Zoom and in addition, customers can sign up to pre-recorded sessions – like the one below – which can be accessed over our website.
Click on the video below to watch our Twistin Tinies Sahara Adventure themed session. At all of our sessions, we use props – most of which you are likely to have at home. To maximise your experience when watching this session, it would be helpful to have the following items to hand:
- a ball
- a fan (we give instructions on how to make a simple paper fan for use on our Private Members’ Area)
- wiggle sticks (we give instructions on how to make these on our Private Members’ Area)
- feathers – if you don’t have feathers, you can just use something soft from your wardrobe)
- lion soft toy/ puppet and lion mask (we give instructions on how to make a lion mask on our Private Members’ Area).
We hope you enjoy the session – please send us your feedback. You can email us at Jacqui@twistintots.co.uk