Since 2011, Twistin Tots has run Summer musical picnics – raising money for worthy causes. To date, these have raised almost £2800 and have proved really popular, so they are now annual events.
There were four musical picnics in 2016 and we are planning a similar number for 2017. The picnics are free events and this year we are collecting donations for Rainbows, Gem 106FM’s Cash for Kids Appeal, and Turnditch Primary School.
So what are the Picnics?
Each picnic consists of a free 60 minute music session, followed by a picnic and play in the park (you have to bring your own picnic and rug). All picnics start at 11am.
NB The events are predominantly aimed at babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers. Older siblings are welcome to attend, but we have limited props, so priority will be given to smaller children when distributing these.
2017 events will be as follows:
- Tuesday 1 August, Belper River Gardens, Bridge Foot, Belper (on the picnic area behind the playground)
- Monday 7 August, Little Eaton Village Hall Park, Vicarage Lane, Little Eaton
- Wednesday 9 August – Hall Leys Park, Matlock (nr the bandstand)
- Fri 18 July- Crossley Park, Shirley Road, Ripley
For all events apart from Ripley, we have planned a “wet weather” venue that we can use if it is raining on the day and these are as follows:
- Matlock – Imperial Rooms, Imperial Road, Matlock
- Belper – The Fit Pit, Bridge Foot, Belper
- Little Eaton Village Hall – we will retire to the Hall if raining