Twistin Tots is a Derbyshire-based music group that runs classes for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers (ages 0-5). All classes are CAA Accredited and last year, our Twistin Tinies classes made it to the Finals of the “What’s on 4 Kids” Awards in London and all of our other classes were Nominated for these Awards.
All classes offer a fun mix of rhymes, songs actions and engaging props to educate your children and keep them entertained, and will help them to develop language, communication and social skills. All classes also help to promote learning, co-ordination and movement in young children. Classes include many children’s favourite songs, including Dingle Dangle Scarecrow, Music Man and Horsey Horsey and parents are encouraged to join in to ensure that children get the most from classes.
We run classes over a range of themes, including Dinosaurs, Colours, Transport, Jungle and Desert Island and these are rotated each week so that there is some variety. However, there is also lots of repetition at classes, as pre-school children, toddlers and babies learn best with this approach and when they know what to expect.
- Twistin Tots – lively classes with mixed ages covering 0 – 5; comprising themed and non-themed sessions which include nursery rhymes, songs, action rhymes and a variety of exciting, educational and stimulating props. There is some continuation from Twistin Tinies for those children who are moving up.
- Twistin Tinies – developmental baby classes for parents/carers with children 0-18 months (non-walkers); these classes are much calmer affairs and numbers are restricted to 20. Innovative props, baby-signing, sensory activities, light shows and parachutes make these classes exciting for babies and parents alike!
- Twistin Tikes – these classes have more structure than our Twistin Tots classes and are aimed at children who can follow instructions. All ages are welcome.
- Both Tots and Tikes classes are also delivered in nurseries where we hunt for bears, eat jelly, teach animals the alphabet, get chased by crocodiles and dance with the Funky Monkey, amongst other things!
- We have also recently started delivering Twistin Tikes sessions in Care Homes – allowing our little Tikes attendees to mix and have fun with elderly residents.
Twistin Tots and Twistin Tikes classes are Pay As You Go (PAYG) classes and cost £4.50 per session, plus £1 each for any additional child. Discounts are available for advance bookings.
Twistin Tinies classes need to be booked in advance. You can book in blocks of four classes at £28 for the block, or book in advance for the term (usually 12 weeks) at £5 /session.* We are also now offering 3 x Trial Classes for £15 to enable you to try out our classes without making a big financial commitment.
*If you join mid-term, you must book ten sessions to qualify for classes at the cheaper price.
“Classes are fantastic. They encourage co-operation and social interaction and as well as this they are loads of fun. I have two children – a four year old girl and a nine month old son – and they both love it!”
Twistin Tots was founded in 2006 by local mum, Jacqui Davis, who has two children aged 13 and 15, both of whom attended Twistin Tots and enjoyed and benefitted from the classes. There are now three other staff, Jenny Cross, Frankie Stainsby and Charlotte Kirk who also deliver classes, nursery and pre-school sessions, Care Home activities and parties.